The BikeBox TRAVEL is the ideal travel case to bring your bike safely to any destination in the world – not once, but over and over again. Our BikeBoxes have been tested and approved by several international athletes.
The BikeBox is made in Germany from waterproof TRIPLEX sheeting, which makes this box even more durable and resilient and keeps your bike safe during air travel. TRIPLEX is a grey honeycomb structured material – which is strong in all directions and the lighter colour does not absorb the heat when placed in a sun exposed environment.
The BikeBox weighs under 6kgs – that means there are 17kg of packing weight before reaching average airline limits! With this BikeBox overweight fees at check-in are a thing of the past.
The size of the BikeBox – when assembled – has an AXIS approved size of 140 x 80 x 30cm which is within the regulations for Sport equipment allowance for most international airlines without occurring oversize fees.
Once arrived at the destination, the BikeBox folds into itself measuring a mere 83 x 80 x 7cm and uses 80% less storage space than an average hardcover case.
The massive advantage to be able to fold the box when not in use:
During AirTravel there are two things to consider when it comes to BikeBox dimensions:
- the max allowed airline dimensions
- what to do with the Bike Box when arriving at the destination, and the journey continues by vehicle, or the box has to be stored.
One can always make a plan to fit the disassembled bike into a small vehicle, but a normal size bike crate does simply not fit in a small car.
- Our BikeBox - once folded - fits into any size vehicle or can be stored below the bed.
- Due to the ability to fold into itself, the BikeBox can be delivered at considerably lower costs.
The BikeBox fits all MountainBike sizes with up to 29-inch wheels.
Please note – wheels, handle bar and pedals have to be removed during transport. The saddle also needs to be lowered or removed. (a Video Guide how to pack your bike can be found here: https://bikebox.company/folding-instructions/)
The included BikeGuards are special bike protection inners that protect all the vital parts of your bike during transport including the derailleur. In order to give additiona protection, the BikeBox is equipped with Velcro Straps that are used to suspend the rear derailleur in mid-air to avoid impact in case the box is dropped.
Please note – the BikeGuards are fitted for Mountain Bikes with the following specifications:
- Disc Brakes Guards: For disc rotors up to 18 cm in diameter
- Crank: designed for 1x drivetrain
- Gear Cluster: for up to 12-speed clusters
- Derailleur: Tested for Shimano and SRAM derailleurs.
- Front Shock: designed for through axle. (quick release need a Through Axle Fork adapter) (The FrontShock Guard does not fit a Cannondale Lefty).
- I'm a product detail. I'm a great place to add more information about your product such as sizing, material, care and cleaning instructions. This is also a great space to write what makes this product special and how your customers can benefit from this item.